The Learning Tree offers an after school program for children in Kindergarten through 6th grade. We provide bus transportation from school to The Learning Tree, supervise homework assignments, offer games, play time and snack. Children can be picked up at The Learning Tree between 3:00-6:30 PM.
Our after school program is presently serving PS 49Q, PS 58Q, PS 87Q, PS 91Q, PS 113Q, PS 128Q, PS 153Q and PS 290Q. Other schools can be accommodated, provided there is a sufficient number of students from each location.
The Learning Tree provides children with an opportunity to explore a learning environment at their own pace. Students progress at their own rate as they gain self-confidence and self-assurance, which is paramount to emotional, social, psychological, and cognitive well-being. Children at The Learning Tree are surrounded by an environment that stresses cooperation, responsibility and independence.
Good discipline stresses acceptable behavior. We encourage and praise children for positive behavior. This approach to discipline maintains a child's self-esteem and helps a child understand what is expected of him/her and why. Good discipline is consistent and predictable and lets a child know the effects of his/her behavior on others.
AFTER-SCHOOL RATE SHEET FOR 2012 - 2013
|Price per month
1. Transportation from your child's school to The Learning Tree.
2. Homework Club - Child does their homework and it is checked for neatness and accuracy by our staff.
3. Snack - Cookies, pretzels and seasonal fruit with water are served daily and ice cream is served on Fridays.
4. Active Play - Board games, crafts, and organized activities are available after children complete their homework. We also have use of an air conditioned gym and use of Juniper Valley Park when the weather allows.
5. Dismissal is no later than 6:30 P.M.
*$35 non refundable registration fee*
**30% off tuition if you drop your child off at our location**
***(1) one month security is due at time of registration***